Thornton Paint Pals Interior Painting Services
Whether it’s a bedroom for a new member of the family or painting for a special occasion, interior painting can often be a more difficult task that anticipated. Let our Thornton Paint Pals handle the stress and provide you with a superior interior paint job. As proven professionals, we focus on attention to detail and proper interior painting technique while always recommending the highest quality materials to provide a professional and lasting paint job.
Very similar to our exterior process, interior painting can be broken down into three main stages; prep work, body application, and trim application. To provide a lasting and appealing paint job, proper prep work is critical.
- First, before any work has been started it is vital to organize a neat and properly masked work environment. This includes removing any pictures or items from the walls, relocating any furniture or obstructions, and masking any surfaces to be left unpainted.
- To maximize coverage and consistency we remove any wall hardware in service areas. This includes removing light and receptacle coverings, fixtures, and base plates depending on the design of your house.
- To ensure a properly cleaned surface, we visually inspect all service areas and remove any dirt or debris from the wall. It is very important to have a surface that is clean and free of debris, so that the finish coat has a quality substrate to adhere to and will last over time.
- Occasionally, peeling paint will have to be scraped from the surface, sanded down and primed to provide the necessary quality and protection. Most likely the actual prep work will consist of caulking any cracks and repairing holes or surface damage to the walls. In special circumstances we can also provide re-texturing to repair areas on damaged walls.
- After all necessary masking, cleaning and prep work has been taken care of, it is then necessary to apply the finish coats. Typically for most interiors and what we recommend regardless of color is a two coat finish. Depending on the situation and your preference we can apply the paint with the use of brushes, rollers or airless sprayers. For most interior paint jobs we recommend rolling the finish coat. This not only provides a neat and uniform coating, but also eliminates overspray and the need to remove everything from the surface area.
- After the main body coat of paint has been applied it is then necessary to perform any detailed painting or trim work with the use of brushes and rollers. During this process, we also take care to correct any touch-ups or inconsistencies that may be present. Upon final completion, we then do a visual inspection with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.